Author Spotlight- Just Bae Books


A Moment with Just Bae 


In 2016, this new storyteller on the romance scene, who goes by the moniker, Just Bae, penned his first story.  However, it was in 2018 that he began to notice that stories related to the African American Household lacked representation that took a look at romance and sexuality from both sides. So, he set out to give voice to an underrepresented group and help prove that black men are more than the myths that have attempted to pigeonhole them. This gave birth to a series growing in popularity The She Got Me Series, which included  She Got Me: The Perfect Ending, which led to The He Got Me Series.


Series Trailer


 Author Q & A with Just Bae


Q:  How long does it take you to write a book? What's your schedule like when you're writing?   
A: I’m usually writing throughout the day as over the last year I’ve made this my profession.  So, it usually 30-60 days depending on its length. I don't really have a set schedule. 

Q:   What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
A:   Having to decide how far down the rabbit hole I would go with certain scenes and stories.  I started out fairly mild and as of late, I’ve spiced things up tremendously.

Q: Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? What inspires you?
A:    Sometimes, it’s imagination and other times, it’s from what could be real but isn’t. I like telling stories that people can relate to.

Q: What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
A:   Covers matter. 

Q: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? Why?
A:    Up to now, I believe there are eleven. My favorite is He Got Me: Tyson because to me, it covers more of what my experience was growing up. 

Q: Do you hear from your readers much? What kind of feedback have you received?
A: I’ve started to hear from them lately. From the audiobook community, the feedback is mixed because I have a wider audience. Some don’t understand the theme and think my books are all about "hanky-panky". From readers that understand African American culture, it has been positive. Readers can sign up for my newsletter & free stuff or shoot me an email. I love hearing from you. Don't be shy!

Q:  What do you think makes a good story?
A:    A good plot, realistic characters, and a cliffhanger at the end.

Q: What can we look forward to from you?
A:  I’ve been writing some spinoffs to my series and opening up my writing to new audiences with my latest releases A Surgeon Got Me:Luca, A Deewana Got Me: Katrina andNurse Got Me: Zoe I’m working another, but I’ll keep that secret for now.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not writing?
A:    Researching how to market, other author’s experiences and what I can do to make my books sell more.

Q:  Tell us about any volunteer programs or initiatives you are involved within your community?
A:     I did community organizing for restorative justice not long ago in Southern California.

Q: Where are your books sold?
A:    Every major book store; Amazon; Book Depository and etc in Print. Also in audiobook format on Audible & Itunes. My titles are in ebook format in Kindle Unlimited.

Q: If you offer any other services or work in a different field and want to share, please do so here. 
A: For my gig services around interior book formatting and Kindle free & 99 cent book promotions, go to my Fiverr profile.


If you have read this far, please scroll down a little further to get your copies of the works mentioned above and dive headfirst into romance, sexuality and the mind of a hopeless romantic. You just might recognize yourself in one of the stories. Thank you and happy reading and don't forget to leave that review. 



(click image below to purchase)





   

   



 Additional Buy Links




   


0 comments

by KayBee