Preacher Finds a Corpse

Preacher Finds a Corpse Preacher Finds a Corpse by Gerald Everett Jones
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


SYNOPSIS
A lapsed divinity student who is fascinated by astrophysics finds his best friend shot dead in a cornfield. It looks like suicide. Having returned to his farm roots near Lake of the Ozarks, Evan works as a skip tracer for the local car dealer. He learns his friend was involved in a dispute over farmland ownership that goes back two centuries - complicated now by plans to make an old weapons facility a tourist attraction. First in a new Mystery-Thriller series.


BOOK REVIEW
Finding your friend in the woods dead of an apparent suicide should or would be a jarring experience. Our protagonist, Evan Wycliff, a former divinity student, now skip tracer is placed in that very situation. However, all may not be what it seems.

Jones does a good job of placing the reader in each moment. He took great care in describing each scene.  I could see why he added see so much detail i.e. the step by step instruction on how to skeet shoot.  However, I found that this was not the case in several instances as I listened. There were details that added no value to the overall storyline or specific scenes.  I thought the story was organized, the audio production was well done and the storyline was a good setup as the first mystery Evan must solve.

There were several times that I did become distracted as I listened. The narrator's voice while crisp, smooth and clear was so soothing it failed to keep my attention at times. I think this is the reason why I felt the ending was rather anti-climatic. My insomnia came in handy for a change because I listened in one 24 hour period. I think those who enjoy mysteries will find this series enjoyable. I will say that my review may have differed if I had read the story. But don't take my word for it, please get your own copy here and support the author by leaving a review. Happy reading....or listening!

Next up for me from this author will be Clifford's Spiral.



View all my reviews

0 comments

by KayBee