Patches and the Cocoa Thief

Patches and the Cocoa Thief Patches and the Cocoa Thief by C.T. Whiteman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

SYNOPSIS
Patches the Hound is the most loyal pet Ma Phil and Pa Leo could ever ask for. But when this courageous canine witnesses a crime, his account of these events could be the only thing preventing a complete shake up of this normally sleepy community. Experience the sweet (and somewhat simpler) island life in this laugh, lesson, and action packed tale set on the Caribbean spice isle of Grenada!

BOOK REVIEW
This story centered around the family dog, who is instrumental in potentially solving a crime that he witnessed. I don't normally review Children's literature, but did so by request. This children's chapter book had a clear storyline and used vivid imagery in describing the island of island life. It was also a bit educational as well. I have to say I was confused at times if the character that was being referenced to at times was one of the many animals or a person. There was a lot to keep up with at times. Also, Patches' ability to communicate was a little confusing. I had to go back and re-read the passage more than once to make sure that it was him or a human. All in all, I think this could be an entertaining book for a child at the intermediate age level.

View all my reviews

0 comments

by KayBee