That Bona Fide Hood Love: Loyalty and Treasure Series

That Bona Fide Hood Love: Loyalty and Treasure That Bona Fide Hood Love: Loyalty and Treasure by Keisha
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm going to preface my comments and say that my low score may largely be due to the fact that this story was aimed toward a young adult/teen audience and not an adult audience.
I liked the good girl/church girl idea mixed with a family on the run.

Loyalty's father, a lawyer was on the run from a dangerous client and moved his family to the south. This is where they meet their neighbors, Treasure and her family. The parents seemed to have tunnel vision when it came to getting these two together. It was odd. The characters couldn't seem to find their footing and came across a bit chaotic. The first 75-80% of the book was one big loop of the parents asking the teens how their day was, what plans they had with the other and telling them not to get attitudes with them.

I'm assuming the "loose ends" (Keon, Tonya's motive for apologizing, along with the cliffhanger) will be addressed in book 2. I'll read it, because I like to know how things end. However, I hope that there is some time spent on outlining the story, adding substance, movement and character /storyline development.

You can't like them all and this was just my two cents.
Update: The loose ends in book 1 were not addressed. While Loyalty and Treasure ended up in the same city, there was not a lot that happened.

View all my reviews

0 comments

by KayBee