That Bona Fide Hood Love: Zoli & Pride 1 & 2

That Bona Fide Hood Love: Zoli & Pride That Bona Fide Hood Love: Zoli & Pride by Kennedy B.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story was okay. The author set a slow pace and kept it all the way through the cliffhanger. The characters were interesting, yet safe. I can't really say that I know them. You ever feel like someone told you about their lives, but you still don't know them? That is how I feel about the characters in this story. Maybe it was because the story stayed on the cusp of action and drama never quite giving in fully to the reader's desire for either. While the story was somewhat predictable, the author still took us on a very descriptive lackadaisical ride to get the end. She took her time describing this exciting city and how its rich culture shapes & moves you. For me, Zoli & Pride were almost secondary to the city itself. I can't blame her. The city even its pain is still THAT city. You have to experience it to know what I mean. That's not to say what the author did give us wasn't great, because it absolutely was from page 1. I actually liked the story, it held my attention and I'm invested enough to ensure that I keep an eye for the next book.


That Bona Fide Hood Love 2: Zoli & Pride by Kennedy B.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The sequel picked up right where book 1 left off. Laura was dealt with early on and the next adversary was immediately introduced.  As the story progressed, the author did a good job of showing the growth in the characters and kept the same moderate pace as book 1.  The way the new adversary was dispatched of so easily came as a bit of a surprise. I would love to see Crescent and Zelle have a spinoff stand alone, a novella to address their relationship.  There were no notable errors or issues as far as structure and flow for this series. Kennedy B. delivered a solid story.

View all my reviews

0 comments

by KayBee